Billy Bush set to return to TV
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Former “Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush, who was ousted from his job on “Today” after leaked audio of an off-camera conversation with Donald Trump emerged, has signed on to host the new version of “Extra.”
- To be named “ExtraExtra,” following the show’s longtime audio cue, the syndicated entertainment show will be revamped for his arrival in Fall 2019.
- Current “Extra” host Mario Lopez, meanwhile, was named as host of rival “Access Hollywood” in July 2019.
- When it returns, “ExtraExtra” is expected to be produced from NBC’s old Burbank studios — the same location it used before switching to an outdoor format.
- Bush hosed the NBCUniversal-produced “Access Hollywood” until 2016, when he moved over to the NBC News as a co-host of “Today” in October.
- The tape of him and Trump, which was part of a 2005 interview, leaked that same month and he was later suspended and then fired from “Today” over the scandal.