CBS All Access’ ‘The Good Fight’ coming to network primetime TV
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
CBS will bring its “exclusive” streaming series “The Good Fight” to primetime network television this summer.
- “The Good Fight,” the spinoff of “The Good Wife” that aired on CBS from 2009 to 2016, debuted in 2017 on the network’s streaming service CBS All Access, will air on the CBS broadcast network.
- The network will air Season 1 of the show, which is currently in Season 3 on the streaming network, starting Sunday, June 16, 2019.
- The show has been renewed for a fourth season on All Access.
- With this move, “The Good Fight” is essentially becoming “exclusive” to CBS All Access for a few years.
- CBS will, however, presumably, be able to make some additional revenue from the show by selling ad time during the broadcast network airing.
- Back in 2017, CBS aired an edited version of first episode of the “The Good Fight” on the broadcast network as a way to get viewers hooked and hopefully subscribe to All Access.
- “The Good Fight” contains profanity and sexual content that likely cannot be aired on broadcast television, so it’s likely the episodes will be either edited or censored when they air on CBS.