CBS names four correspondents ‘dedicated’ to ‘CBS This Morning’
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
With the “new chapter” of “CBS This Morning,” the show will not only have a mostly new anchor team, but also four correspondents assigned to the show.
- David Begnaud, Jericka Duncan, Anna Werner and Vladimir Duthiers, all existing CBS correspondents, are being “dedicated” to the program.
- In addition, their work will continue to appear on “CBS Evening News,” CBSN and other CBS programming.
- The team joins Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, who are the show’s core co-anchors.
- Of this trio, only King remains after a major talent shakeup at the network, that includes moving her former co-anchors Norah O’Donnell to “Evening News” later this summer and John Dickerson to “60 Minutes.”
- “Evening News” anchor Jeff Glor was also sidelined in the shuffle.
The four correspondents will have the following assignments:
- Begnaud becomes lead national correspondent.
- Duncan will serve as a national correspondent.
- Duthiers will will deliver what CBS calls “the first look at stories people are talking about each day.”
- Werner has been named consumer investigative correspondent for the show.