CBS reportedly offers Norah O’Donnell as ‘mega anchor’ deal
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- The deal would keep O’Donnell at the network.
- Her recently expanded “60 Minutes” role would presumably remain.
- In addition, CBS reportedly is set to get her the title of “chief political anchor.”
- The report also mentions that CBS will also give her the anchor chair on “CBS Evening News.”
- It’s not clear, however, if she would get both titles, if the political anchor title is temporary until she is named as anchor and managing editor of “Evening News” or some other scheme.
- These changes are reportedly triggered by a shakeup at “CBS This Morning” that leaves only one of the current anchors in their current role.
- Other reports, meanwhile, claim that King demanded O’Donnell be removed from the show.
- That said, sources, including CBS News’ president, reportedly denied any bad blood.