‘CBS This Morning’ anchor Norah O’Donnell signs off
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Norah O’Donnell signed off from “CBS This Morning” Thursday, May 16, 2019.
- The network’s new anchor team is scheduled to take over for her and John Dickerson, who is also leaving the show, Monday, May 20.
- However, O’Donnell and CBS opted to have her last day be Thursday instead of Friday.
- The show bid farewell to her after, rather appropriately, a “Big Bang Theory” segment titled “Going out with a bang.”
- As is common with departing anchors, the show ran a package looking back at her time with the show along with well wishes from colleagues and even competitors.
- O’Donnell has been named to take over the “CBS Evening News” this summer and will likely spend the time between now and then getting ready for the new role.
- The show will initially broadcast from New York, but will move to Washington, D.C., where O’Donnell’s family lives, sometime in the fall.