Chicago morning anchor returns from maternity leave
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
After giving birth to a baby girl in April 2019, WLS Chicago morning anchor Tanja Babich is back at the anchor desk.
- Babich’s first day back was Tuesday, Aug. 20.
- The morning team celebrated her return — though normal morning meteorologist Tracy Butler was out.
- Babich took three months of maternity leave following the birth of her third child.
- Babich joked about her lack of sleep with co-anchor Terrell Brown on Tuesday morning’s show.
- The station’s morning news starts at 4:30 a.m. local time and runs until 7 a.m., with local cut-ins continuing until 9 a.m.
- Babich also took over anchoring the 11 a.m. show in 2018.