CNN is bringing back this dynamic duo for New Year’s Eve 2019
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- The longtime friends will ring in 2019 on CNN’s New Year’s Eve Live with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen airing Monday, December 31st starting at 8 p.m. eastern.
- At 12:30 a.m., Brooke Baldwin and Don Lemon will count down from New Orleans as the central time zone rings in the New Year.
- Now in its 11th year, CNN’s New Year’s Eve show will feature CNN correspondents and Hollywood stars from across the country and around the globe as the world rings in the new year.
- Last year’s New Year’s Eve Live with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen was CNN’s highest rated New Year’s Eve Special on record.
- Cohen replaced comedia Kathy Griffin, who had been paired with Cooper since 2009.
- CNN fired Griffin in 2017 after a photo of her holding a bloody, decapitated head of what appeared to be Donald Trump was released.
- Griffin had several other high profile run-ins with CNN over the years she hosted — ranging from on air profanity to controversial comments.