CNN and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation are partnership to broadcast a presidential town hall of LGBTQ issues.
- The even will air Oct. 10, 2019, the day before National Coming Out Day.
- Democratic candidates who qualify under the rules laid out by the DNC for October’s debate will be invited.
- So far former Vice President Joe Biden, South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro, California Sen. Kamala Harris, Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren have all qualified and accepted their invitations.
- CNN journalists and an audience of “invited guests, LGBTQ stakeholders and members of civic organizations.”
- The event will take place at The Novo in Los Angeles.
- No public tickets will be available.