DirecTV replaces WeatherNation’s slot with AccuWeather
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
DirecTV has announced it will replace WeatherNation with the AccuWeather Network:
- The decision, which was announced Wednesday, Aug. 1, was a blow to the relative newcomer WeatherNation against one of the most venerable names in weather forecasting.
- WeatherNation had been on DirecTV since 2014.
- AccuWeather has taken over Channel 361, which was WeatherNation’s former channel assignment.
- The Weather Channel, which rivals both networks, was dropped from Verizon’s FiOS service in 2015, but still remains a mainstay on many cable and satellite providers.
- WeatherNation is still available on select cable and satellite providers, as well as via streaming services and, in some markets, over the air as a digital subchannel.
- Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
— TVNewsMix (@TVNewsMix) August 1, 2018