Disney+ details unveiled
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
In a presentation to investors, Disney announced more details of its upcoming streaming service.
- The service will be priced at $6.99 per month or $69.99 a year (essentially getting two months free).
- Disney expects to offer 7,000 TV episodes and between 400 and 500 films at launch.
- In addition to productions under the Disney name, National Geographic, Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar will also be included.
- Disney Plus will also be the exclusive home of “The Simpsons,” which Disney acquired the rights to through its purchase of 21st Century Fox assets earlier this year.
- “Captain Marvel” will be the first theatrical release that will not be available on Netflix at all.
- Disney is also planning original content for Disney Plus, though the exact plans were not confirmed.
— Disney (@Disney) April 12, 2019