DNC picks the host city for its 2020 convention
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
- The midwestern city on the shores of Lake Michigan is in a state that Donald Trump narrowly snagged in 2016.
- By picking a location in the midwest, the DNC is also sending a subtle message to midwestern voters — that it wants their support.
- Here’s the stage design the Democrats used in 2016. The convention was in Philadelphia that year.
- The GOP previously announced Charlotte, North Carolina as its pick for its convention.
- It used this set design for its convention in Cleveland in 2016.
- The DNC and RNC used different design approaches to their stage designs in 2016.
- Both parties’ conventions are heavily covered by both network and cable news, who typically have considerable on-the-ground presence in the host cities.
- North Carolina notably passed an anti-LGBTQ bill, causing media giant Netflix to pull production out of the state.