ESPN has reportedly signed Stephen A. Smith to an $8 million per year megadeal, reports The New York Post.
- Smith reportedly re-upped with the network for five years.
- The $8 million salary would best Mike Greenberg’s reported $6.5 million salary.
- Greenberg hosts “Get Up!”
- Earlier this year The Post reported negotiations were underway with Smith and the network — and that some industry watchers were saying he could command up to $10 million.
- Under the new deal, Smith will reportedly get a portion of his salary upfront.
- Smith still has a year left on his current contract.
- The new contract calls for Smith to host “First Take” as well as appearing on “SportsCenter” and the network’s NBA coverage.
- Smith as already started hosting the “SportsCenter” Wednesday edition that leads into ESPN’s NBA game.
- The Post previously reported Smith will be ending his EPSN Radio show in 2020.