Fox is bringing back one of the most iconic songs in sports broadcasting history
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
Fox Sports is bringing back one of the most iconic scores of sports broadcasting history.
- Fox has acquired the rights to “Roundball Rock,” also know as the “NBA on NBC” theme song.
- The song, composed by John Tesh, has gone mostly unused since 2002, when NBC stopped using it.
- Previously, NBC had used it from 1999 to 2002 — reportedly playing it over 12,000 times.
- Fox will use the music during select college basketball broadcasts, according to reports.
- According to Tesh, the original idea for the song came to him while at a hotel — so he called his own answering machine and recorded the first few bars of what would become “Roundball Rock” on it.