Fox is bringing back one of the most iconic songs in sports broadcasting history
Fox Sports is bringing back one of the most iconic scores of sports broadcasting history.
- Fox has acquired the rights to “Roundball Rock,” also know as the “NBA on NBC” theme song.
- The song, composed by John Tesh, has gone mostly unused since 2002, when NBC stopped using it.
- Previously, NBC had used it from 1999 to 2002 — reportedly playing it over 12,000 times.
- Fox will use the music during select college basketball broadcasts, according to reports.
- According to Tesh, the original idea for the song came to him while at a hotel — so he called his own answering machine and recorded the first few bars of what would become “Roundball Rock” on it.