Fox ticker blames measles outbreak on ‘Orthodox Jewish community,’ makes no mention of anti-vaxxers
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- The headline pointed out that the city’s outbreak is focused in an Orthodox Jewish community.
- While the CDC has reported a high number of cases within this community, presumably because the community opts out of vaccinating, Fox’s headline did not mention that directly.
- While anti-vaxxers frequently cite religious beliefs or health concerns to not vaccinate children, Fox’s headline appears to single out the Jewish Orthodox religion.
- Other headlines that ran around the line mentioned the number of cases and expect spread, as well as the mayor’s declaration of a health emergency ordering mandatory vaccinations in Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn.
- It also gave the history of measles outbreaks in the U.S. as well as details about the outbreak nationwide.