Here’s a headline for the history books: U.S. senator says he hopes ‘space pirates’ eat TV host’s liver
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
Sitting U.S. senator Ted Cruz fired back at a TV anchor with what basically amounted to grade school playground bullying — sic-ing “space pirates” to eat Chris Hayes’ liver.
- The whole thing started when a Twitter moment surfaced headlined “Texas Sen. Ted Cruz wants the Space Force to defend the US against space pirates.”
- Cruz, in turn, tweeted Twitter founder Jack Dorsey about “snarky leftists” making fun of his comments about the story.
- In his original tweet, Cruz, pointed out that “NATIONS like China have already developed & test weapons to destroy satellites.”
- Hayes, meanwhile, quoted this tweet with “This is the saddest tweet I’ve ever seen.”
- Cruze then fired back “May Space Pirates devour your liver.”
- That was followed with two pirate flag emoji (formed by combining the black flag one ? with the skull and crossbones one ☠️).
May Space Pirates devour your liver. ?☠️ ?☠️
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) May 16, 2019