Instagram launches ‘IGTV’ for longer form videos
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
Popular photo and video sharing app Instagram has launched IGTV, a platform designed to showcase long form videos:
- The new platform has its own standalone app, but is also available in the main Instagram app.
- IGTV features longer form content in vertical portrait orientation.
- Instagram emphasizes that the user interface and video clips are optimized for the vertical format — which means users can use the app and watch videos without rotating their devices.
- IGTV will allow videos up to 10 minutes long, with that limit being raised to one hour on select accounts.
- IGTV is slated to be ad-free at launch.
- The launch of IGTV by the Facebook owned Instagram is widely seen as a move to better align the Instagram brand against video giant YouTube, which is owned by Google.