Laura Ingraham tweets link to story attacking Kavanaugh accuser that was full of falsehoods
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
Fox News host Laura Ingraham tweeted a link to a story full of falsehoods about the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault while the pair were in high school — and then the site scrambled to update its errors.
10 Reasons to Question the Veracity of Kavanaugh's Accuser https://t.co/pJW1Q9FMgS
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) September 17, 2018
- The story from a site called Grabien, sported a BuzzFeed worthy headline of “9 reason to question the veracity of Kavanaugh accuser.”
- Ingraham tweeted a link to the story noting that referenced “10 reasons.”
- The story was later updated to remove two of the points, hence the odd discrepancy between headline — but then updated again to have “11 reasons.”
- The first claim, that Kavanaugh foreclosed on his accusers’ parents home was quickly debunked as false.
- The story also had to remove a reference to poor ratings Christine Blasey Ford received on RateMyProfessors.com, but it was forced to remove that point after it turns out the reviews were for another professor with the same name.
- Not the be deterred, the site replaced the two points — plus one upped itself with a bonus one.
This article, shared by Fox News host Laura Ingraham used Rate My Professor reviews to claim Kavanaugh's accuser was unstable (it was another professor of the same name and then removed from the article) and falsely claimed Kavanaugh's mother foreclosed on Ford's parents. pic.twitter.com/RItAGwxpQE
— andrew kaczynski? (@KFILE) September 18, 2018