Lou Dobbs stumbles on pronunciation of ‘Pikachu’
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Lou Dobbs struggled with the pronunciation of “Pikachu” on air.
- Dobbs appeared to pronounce the word “picka-chu” (sort of like the “achoo” sound commonly used to describe how a sneeze sounds).
- He briefly stumbled over the word on air as well.
- In the film, the Japanese name is pronounced “pee-kah-choo.”
- It’s worth noting, however, the word actually has multiple pronunciations and most variations are in the vowel sounds.
- Although the film uses the wider used (and perhaps Americanized) pronunciation, Dobbs’ pronunciation of the word does appear close to an alternate way of saying the word.
- A Pikachu, which is a species of Pokémon, is the central character in a new blockbuster movie.
Lou Dobbs butchering the pronunciation of"pikachu" is going to be my new ringtone pic.twitter.com/K9CWXYpyT7
— Brendan Karet ? (@bad_takes) May 14, 2019