Major media outlets partner for ‘Protect Press Freedom’ campaign
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Some of the biggest names in media are joining a national campaign under the banner “Protect Press Freedom.”
- The campaign “will educate Americans about the threats to press freedom, reinforce the values underpinning the free press, and celebrate the diverse journalism that keeps the public informed,” according to a statement.
- Over 30 partners, including CBS, CNN, NBCUniversal, Reuters, Facebook, Twitter, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Sinclair, NPR, Barron’s, McClatchy, Scripps and Gannett have signed on.
- The campaign will use a variety of print, video, radio, digital and social media assets to run PSAs.
- By signing on, each outlet is committing to running the PSAs at no cost.
- There’s more information about the campaign on its website.