Michigan reporter gets a rather unfortunate license plate
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
A Michigan reporter documented the typically mundane task of getting a new license plate — and the result that came in the mail.
- Lynsey Mukomel, a reporter at WOOD, the NBC affiliate in Grand Rapids, Michigan, documented the process on her Twitter account.
- In a series of tweets, she documented the “seriously convenient” process of getting a new plate.
- She did note that the odd duplication of needing an appointment for renewing online.
- When the plate arrived, she was greeted with a plate reading DCK 247.
- In case you need it spelled out, that particular combination could be read as “dick 24/7.”
- In a series of replies, Twitter pointed out that her station’s call sign, WOOD, is often the target of jokes about it being a euphemism for certain anatomical parts.
Well, friends. This is what came in the mail. I’m gonna need something else, please. pic.twitter.com/42TjTrTh2j
— Lynsey Mukomel (@lynseymukomel) January 17, 2020