MSNBC flubs spelling of tricky name twice
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- Speier was discussing the 40th anniversary of the Jonestown Massacre and her book, “Undaunted.”
- MSNBC got her name right in the lower third identifying her:
- However, her name was spelled “Spierer” in two separate banners that ran during the interview, Inside Cable News was first to observe.
- After both banners with typos appeared on screen, the network switched back to a more generic one reading “Remembering the Jonestown Massacre 40 years later.”
- Speier’s name is a bit tricky to spell — the “I before E” rule doesn’t exactly apply.
Nice lower third typo on MSNBC right now…in multiple chyrons… pic.twitter.com/rWv5I40IV0
— InsideCableNews (@InsideCableNews) November 15, 2018