NBC launches media news blog
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
NBC News is beefing up its coverage of the media industry with the launch of a previously announced new blog: “The Query”:
- “The NBC News Media Blog is here to keep you current on the media business. Check here every day for fresh news on the latest corporate battles, media mergers, the growth of paid content and big ad-revenue shifts,” reads the description at the top of the blog’s main page.
- The site is hosted within NBCNews.com.
- Authored by NBC senior media editor Claire Atkinson, the blog is also expected to expand to a weekly email newsletter.
- Atkinson will continue to provide news and analysis of the media industry across a variety of NBCUniversal platforms, including NBCNews.com, NBC News programs and MSNBC.
- The move is part of a larger trend of publishers expanding their coverage of the media, including Politico, Huffington Post and The Hill.
- CNN’s popular media section under the CNN Money umbrella, lead by Brian Stelter, is widely considered one of the most extensive efforts in this arena.
- Stelter typically authors multiple stories per day, maintains an active social media presence, sends out a daily email newsletter and appears on numerous CNN programs throughout the week, as well as hosting the weekly “Reliable Sources.”