NBC’s California O&Os announce new program
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
- The show will be seen on KNBC in Los Angeles, KNSD in San Diego and KNTV in San Francisco at 11:30 a.m. local time.
- “California Live” is set for a Jan. 7, 2019 debut and will air Monday through Friday.
- “The new show will feature the latest in beauty and fashion, the best in local hot spots, a daily dose of entertainment news, consumer-friendly technology trends, and must-visit destinations in Northern and Southern California,” according to a press release from the stations.
- The show will be co-hosted by Danielle Nottingham and Jessica Vilchis.
- KNBC is known as NBC Los Angeles, KNSD brands as NBC San Diego and KNTV is known as NBC Bay Area.
- “California Live” has also lined up regular correspondents including HLN’s “Dr. Drew Show” panelist, Danielle Robay; parenting expert Donna Tetreault; Vicki Johnson of NASCAR Nation; and former American Idol’s contestant, Kimberly Caldwell-Harvey, who will lead the show’s “Knock-Knock” segments surprising viewers up and down the state for their good deeds.
- The show will originate from the KNBC studios in Universal City.
- “California Live” replaces the second half of an hour long local news block on all three stations, according to the station’s posted schedules.
- The show’s Executive Producer John Johnston brings three-decades of television investigative and entertainment experience, including the production of national documentaries.
- Johnston’s motto is to take viewers “on a journey to your best California life” which will be the cornerstone to “California Live’s” distinctive story-telling, according to the stations.