“NBC’s New Year’s Eve” will pull talent from within the NBC universe, as well as feature performances by Diana Ross, Kelly Clarkson, Andy Grammer, John Legend and Blake Shelton.
- Carson Daly and Chrissy Teigen will host live from the heart of Times Square along with “SNL” cast member Leslie Jones.
- Meanwhile, Keith Urban will join the telecast live from the Jack Daniel’s Music City Midnight: New Year’s Eve in Nashville event with a show-stopping performance of his own as well as an amazing performance by Brett Young.
- Daly also co-hosts “Today” and hosts “The Voice” for NBC.
- Clarkson has an extended deal with NBC that includes an upcoming daytime talk show and serving as a coach on “The Voice” along with Shelton.
- Legend and Teigen, who are married, have also made prominent appearances on NBC in conjunction with the release of Legend’s new holiday album.
- The 10th annual Nashville New Year’s Eve event will take place near the Tennessee State Capitol at Nashville’s Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park.
- The music-filled evening caps off with a Music Note Drop and fireworks to ring in the new year.
- The special will air Monday, Dec. 31 from 10-11 p.m., will break for local news and return for the final countdown from 11:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.
- Prior to “NBC’S New Year’s Eve,” Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb will ring in the new year with “A Toast to 2018,” a star-studded New Year’s Eve primetime special highlighting the year’s biggest pop culture moments, videos and trends.
- An all-star cast of celebrities – from Michael Bublé and Ellie Kemper to Kenan Thompson and Busy Philipps – will dish on the most talked-about stories that made for an unforgettable 2018.
- The two-hour special airs at from 8-10 p.m., and will also feature interviews with Chrissy Metz, Jaimie Alexander, Howie Mandel, Melissa Rivers, Ryan Eggold, Savannah Guthrie, Giuliana Rancic, Jason Kennedy, Wanda Sykes, Johnny Weir, Carson Kressley, Al Roker, Lester Holt, Willie Geist, Natalie Morales, Craig Melvin, Keith Morrison, Andrea Canning, Josh Mankiewicz, Dennis Murphy, Dylan Dreyer, Brad Goreski, Chris D’Elia, Brent Morin, Loni Love, and many more.