Plex adds Local Now
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
- Local Now, leveraging content from the network and other leading content providers, delivers real-time, localized information about current events, weather, lifestyle, sports, business, traffic and more.
- Through this latest partnership, Plex users can access Local Now content through Plex News presented seamlessly alongside users’ own media.
- The Local Now integration will provide more hyper-local content to Plex, and will include a dedicated hub for users to access Local Now offerings.
- The addition to Plex comes as Local Now reached a major viewership milestone recently; Local Now’s audience has consumed more than 1 billion minutes of Local Now content since its launch in 2016.
- Local Now’s content partners include The Associated Press, Reuters, Tribune Content Agency, Thrillist, Curbed, Yelp, Stadium, Cheddar, SportRadar, Internet Video Archive, TrafficLand, INRIX, Flight Aware, and more. Local Now is available across a portfolio of over-the-top (OTT), mobile, and TV platforms, including YouTube TV, Sling TV, Xumo, MobiTV, fuboTV, iOS, Android, Roku and Amazon Fire TV.
- Plex brings the media users love into one place, including personal media collections such as photos, videos and movies, plus video news, podcasts, Live TV, web shows, podcasts and more.