Purported Amy Robach video leaker says ABC is on ‘search and destroy’ mission
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
An individual only identified as “Ignotus” has surfaced on Project Veritas‘ website claiming her or she is the person who leaked the Amy Robach tape to the site.
- Project Veritas says the post was given to them by the same source who leaked the video clip of Robach complaining, off air, about the network killing her story about Jeffery Epstein.
- One of the reasons the alleged leaker came forward is “in light of the actions taken against those wrongfully identified as involved in the leaking.”
- CBS News fired producer Ashley Bianco after ABC News determined she accessed the Robach footage, apparently against company policy. Neither CBS or ABC have asserted Bianco actually leaked the footage. Bianco worked for ABC before jumping to CBS.
- “I challenge all of you to actually look inwards and remember why this company engages in journalism. We all hold the First Amendment at the foundation of this company, yet forget its history, its purpose, and its reasoning for even coming into existence to begin with. How lost we are… yearning to be found,” the alleged leaker writes on the site.
- “I went to Project Veritas for the sole reason that any other media outlet else would have probably shelved this as well. I thank all of them … for seeking truth,” the post continues.
- “Why I, alone, released the Amy Robach Epstein tape. I sit right here with you all in complete shock on how this has been handled… (the network) has spun into a mission of seek-and-destroy. Innocent people that have absolutely nothing to do with this are being hunted down as if we are all a sport,” it continues.
- Project Veritas has a history of posting edited and misleading content.