Find out what Telemundo is planning for midterm election coverage
By The MixDex Wire Article may include affiliate links
Noticias Telemundo announced details of “El Voto, Nuestro Futuro Latino (The Vote, Our Latino Future),” its coverage of the Nov. 6 state and legislative elections.
— NewscastStudio (@newscaststudio) November 2, 2018
- Led by Emmy and Peabody Award-winning anchor José Díaz-Balart and presenters Julio Vaqueiro, Felicidad Aveleyra and Paulina Sodi, with the support of correspondents, presenters and analysts across the country, “El Voto, Nuestro Futuro Latino” will offer special programming leading up to the elections as well as comprehensive Election Day coverage on Tuesday, Nov. 6.
- The historic coverage effort, featuring expert analysis, voter testimony, exit poll and real-time results, opinion studies, social media trends and original digital content, will be produced in collaboration with the Telemundo Station Group and NBC News.
- “These elections could change our future,” said Díaz-Balart in a statement. “Tuesday’s outcome could shift the country’s political balance and with it, the role of Latinos in the United States. Noticias Telemundo will be there to document the process and analyze the impact of the results on our community.”
- The “El Voto” branding Telemundo using is the Spanish language equivalent of NBC’s “The Vote” branding.
- The English version of the branding uses the tagline “America’s Future,” while Telemundo’s personalizes the tagline as “Our Latino Future.”
“El Voto, Nuestro Futuro Latino” programming will include:
- Sunday, Nov. 4 at 5:30 p.m. eastern: “Enfoque Edición Especial, Nuestro Futuro Latino.” Two days before the elections, José Díaz-Balart will tell us what to expect as he joins experts in analyzing the most important races and potential scenarios.
- Tuesday, Nov. 6: Noticias Telemundo’s coverage will begin at 7 a.m. with “Un Nuevo Día” and continue throughout the day with constant updates and a primetime special presenting real-time results.
- Tuesday, Nov. 6: Real-time coverage by the Noticias Telemundo digital team on NoticiasTelemundo.com and its Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages, including a Viewing Party led by Noticias Telemundo Senior Correspondent Vanessa Hauc at 11 p.m.
- On Election Day, the Telemundo stations also will provide real-time election results on their digital platforms and apps.
- Local newscasts will feature in-depth political analysis about the balance of power in Congress and among key statewide races, and how political changes may affect local communities.
- The Telemundo stations’ local newscasts will also feature reports from the stations’ Washington, D.C. bureau.
- The stations’ election day coverage follows months of extensive, in-depth reporting about statewide and local races, ballot issues, Hispanic opinion polling and civic engagement campaigns aimed to inform, empower and engage Spanish-speaking and Hispanic audiences ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.