“Family Guy” and “The Orville” creator Seth MacFarlane is leaving 21st Century Fox for NBCUniversal, reports Deadline.
- Sources say the five year deal is worth at least $200 million.
- The newly formed NBCUniversal Content Studios, which includes Universal Television, Universal Content Productions and NBCUniversal International Studios under exec Bonnie Hammer, will become MacFarlane’s new development home.
- The deal calls for MacFarlane and his Fuzzy Door production company to produce a variety of project projects for NBCUniversal’s broadcast, cable and digital platforms, including the upcoming streamer Peacock.
- “Family Guy” will continue to air on Fox for the foreseeable future.
- “The Orville” is set to move from Fox to Hulu and MacFarlane is still expected to star./tag/21st-century-fox-television
- 21st Century Fox Television, which is now owned by Disney, reportedly tried hard to keep MacFarlane but NBC ultimately ponied up more money, according to Deadline reporting.