‘Tamron Hall’ gets premiere date
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- The show, which will be titled “Tamron Hall,” will debut nationwide on Sept. 9, 2019.
- Hall will serve as executive producer alongside Bill Geddie, former longtime executive producer of “The View.”
- Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer is distributing the show.
- It’s now cleared in 85 percent of the country, including 47 of the 50 top markets.
- ABC O&Os in eight markets will carry it, along with Hearst, Sinclair, Gray, Scripps, Meredith and Tribune stations.
- ABC has not announced when Hall’s show will air on its O&O stations — which is worth noting because most of these stations don’t have an open timeslot in the schedule — so picking up “Hall” means at least one program will have to be dropped on these stations.
- Hall’s talk show will debut the same day as NBC’s new talk offering featuring Kelly Clarkson.
- Hall, meanwhile, also revealed two big pieces of personal news.
Hall’s new talk show venture will mark Hall’s return to daytime TV.
- Hall exited NBC in February 2017, where she appeared on “Today” and MSNBC.
- She was a co-host on the third hour of “Today” — then called “Today’s Take” — which was canceled to make room for “Megyn Kelly Today” that debuted that fall.
- However, after the high profile cancellation of “Megyn Kelly Today,” the hour went back to being an extension of the “Today” known as “Today Third Hour.”
- Hall also anchored an hourlong block of news on MSNBC under the banner “NewsNation,” from 2 to 3 p.m. eastern.
- It’s worth noting that Hall could end up, at least in some markets, airing against her former 9 a.m. or 2 p.m. timeslot.