After inking a deal to develop a new talk show with ABC Owned TV Stations Group, Tamron Hall’s upcoming talk show, the show now has a home in some of the country’s largest markets.
- The ABC Owned TV Stations Group has cleared the show on its eight television stations across the country.
- This means the talk show has a home in major markets such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Dallas.
- The show is slated to debut in the fall of 2019.
- The announcement by ABC does not include when the show will air on its O&Os or what, if any, program it will replace.
- Outside of the ABC O&Os, the show will presumably be offered on a syndication basis to non-ABC O&Os.
- When the deal was originally announced, ABC Owned TV Stations Group did not indicate whether it would pick up the show on its own stations or opt to sell it on the open syndication market.
- At the same time, Hall posted a short video clip on her Twitter account previewing the new show’s concept.
- Hall was previously co-anchor for NBC’s 9 a.m. hour of “Today” but departed the network when her contract expired in February of 2017.
- She also anchored a live program on MSNBC.
- Hall’s program, “Today’s Take” aired from 9 to 10 a.m., before Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb’s hour, before being replaced by “Megyn Kelly Today.”