Telemundo announces Tplus streamer on Peacock will include old favorites and originals
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Telemundo has announced it will launch a bilingual streaming channel to Comcast’s existing Peacock.
Comcast owned NBCUniversal, which in turn owns Telemundo.
The service will feature both existing content and new, original programming that will be available on Peacock’s Premium package beginning in the Fall of 2022.
Favorites such as “Café con Aroma de Mujer,” “Yo Soy Betty la Fea,” “Operación Pacífico,” “Caso Cerrado,” “Celia,” “La Querida del Centauro,” “Al Otro Lado del Muro,” “Enemigo Íntimo” and “Malverde” will be available on demand on the service.
Telemundo also announced partnerships with Red Arrow’s Kinetic Content and A3 to create original programs as well as first look development deal with Arcus Studios.
Original content is slated to include:
- “Mysteries & Scandals” (working title): A new Telemundo anthology docuseries developed in partnership with Stephen Land’s A3, the team behind runaway franchises such as “Snapped,” “American Murder Mystery” and “Fatal Attraction.” The series will conduct in depth investigations into some of the newsiest and most impactful stories in Latino pop culture.
- From Red Arrow’s Kinetic Content, the team behind “Love is Blind,” “Married at First Sight” and “Wife Swap,” comes “Young at Heart” (working title). Is the grass greener on the other side? Deep in the heart of the legendary city of angels, three middle-aged couples, all at a personal and emotional crossroads in their marriages, find themselves granted the wish of a lifetime. What will they do with the chance to turn back time and swap their current spouses for much younger partners for a month of real-life change? A powerful social and psychological experiment sparked by the current trend of “age-gap” couples, audiences will share in the discovery as to whether the original couples opt to remain together, for better or worse, or dare to embark on a new life alone or with a sexy new partner.
- In the series, “Pulsaciones,” Spain’s greatest surgeon undergoes a transplant of his own with startling results. Able to see his donor’s memories, he decides to investigate the causes of his donor’s death, following clues he sees in flashbacks from his new heart. Along this extraordinary soul altering adventure, Alex encounters the people, both dangerous and benevolent, who may have been responsible for his donor’s death, including a woman who helps rewrite his lease on life.
- In “Messi” the singular life and achievements of sports icon Lionel Messi find a striking new context and impact in this unforgettable documentary film directed by acclaimed film director Alex de la Iglesia. A candid portrait crafted by a series of intimate sit-down interviews, Messi’s coaches, doctors, journalists, childhood friends, and teammates reveal the essence of who he is, on and off the ‘cancha’. An honest and heartfelt experience covering the hardships endured since childhood to the most significant moments of his storied existence, “Messi” stands tall as the definitive film about one of the greatest global soccer gods of all time.
- Following her monumental discovery of the elixir of youth, a scientist’s reunion with her high school sweetheart drudges up many dilemmas and issues from the past in the series “La Formula.” After their encounter, the scientist makes the fateful decision to test the formula on herself, with each subsequent dose succeeding in making her 30 years younger. Inspired to live life by switching between her older and younger personas, she inadvertently becomes her own rival. Meanwhile, the scientist’s former boyfriend falls in love with both versions, unaware this love triangle involves the same woman.
- “Promesas de Campaña” offers a winding tale of swapped identities and political intrigue. When presidential favorite, Gregorio Cuartas, suffers a medical emergency leaving him unable to campaign, his team is forced to search for a replacement. Enter the humble taxi driver Leopoldo Chica — the perfect body double for Cuartas — who finds himself thrust into a foreign world as he steps into the campaign, and into Cuartas’ family life while he recovers. In his new role Chica learns the vice of politics, and the difference that a humble man could mean for a country.
- A medical series with a promise of hope, “Cruzando Limites” asks “what happens when something shatters in an adolescent’s mind?” Tosca Navarro is a psychiatrist and the head of a unit at the cutting edge of treating adolescents with mental disorders. No one else can see into fragile minds with such clarity and wit. But Tosca also holds a secret: a difficult past as a teenager with a personality disorder and a diagnosis of schizophrenia. In order to help her patients, Tosca must think outside the box, and do so quickly, before they cross the threshold of so-called normality.
- “Armas de Mujer” is a provocative new dramedy series from the creative team behind Telemundo’s blockbuster hit “La Reina del Sur.” Four women suffer their worst nightmare after the police arrest their husbands for being linked to the same criminal organization. Accustomed to a life of abundance, they now must join forces in the most unusual manner as they move from a carefree life of luxury to unleashing all their wiles and weapons to survive. The series features an all-star cast including Kate del Castillo (“La Reina del Sur”), Roselyn Sánchez (“Devious Maids,” “Grand Hotel”), Sylvia Sáenz (“Betty en NY,” “100 Días para Enamorarnos”), and Jeimy Osorio (“La Suerte de Loli,” “Betty en NY,” “Celia”).
- TV Industry News
- Broadcast Engineering News
- Broadcast Design News
- TV Talk Shows
- TV Syndication
- TV Advertising
- TV News Jobs
- TV Industry Mergers and Acquisitions
- TV Anchors
- Cable News
- Late Night TV
- TV Syndication News
- Broadcast Industry News
- TV News Drone Journalism
- TV News Augmented Reality
- TV Weather Forecasting
- TV News Journalism
- TV News Ethics
- OTT News
- News About NBC
- News About CBS
- News About ABC
- News About CNN
- News About MSNBC
- News About Fox News