The New York Times mixes up Angela Bassett, Omarosa in Emmys caption
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
The New York Times mixed up Angela Bassett with Omarosa Manigault Newman in a photo from the 70th Annual Primetime Emmys in some early editions of its Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2018, newspaper.
- The photo and caption was provided by wire service Agence France-Presse.
- The Times updated the issue in later print editions and online.
- Agence France-Presse also updated the caption on its wire service.
- Getty, another photo service, also carried the photo with erroneous caption.
oh my god the New York Times mixed up Angela Bassett with Omarosa pic.twitter.com/jLoePOqADy
— julia reinstein ? (@juliareinstein) September 18, 2018
Story on Emmys mistakes Angela Bassett for Omarosa Manigault Newman https://t.co/XHogGDJrEo #NYTimes #GettyImages #copyediting pic.twitter.com/Q3npwX4iRD
— Richard Prince (@princeeditor) September 18, 2018
- TV Industry News
- Broadcast Engineering News
- Broadcast Design News
- TV Talk Shows
- TV Syndication
- TV Advertising
- TV News Jobs
- TV Industry Mergers and Acquisitions
- TV Anchors
- Cable News
- Late Night TV
- TV Syndication News
- Broadcast Industry News
- TV News Drone Journalism
- TV News Augmented Reality
- TV Weather Forecasting
- TV News Journalism
- TV News Ethics
- OTT News
- News About NBC
- News About CBS
- News About ABC
- News About CNN
- News About MSNBC
- News About Fox News