Tom Bergeron, Erin Andrews depart ‘Dancing with the Stars’
By The MixDex Team Article may include affiliate links
“Just informed @DancingABC will be continuing without me,” Bergeron tweeted. “It’s been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I’m grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made.”
“That said, now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?” he added, apparently making a joke about having to stock up on face masks ahead of the new season.
Just informed @DancingABC will be continuing without me. It's been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I'm grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made. That said, now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?
— Tom Bergeron (@Tom_Bergeron) July 13, 2020
Bergeron has hosted all 28 seasons of the show, which generally has two seasons per year.
His co-host since Season 18, former ESPN reporter Andrews, will not return either, ABC and BBC Studios said in a joint statement to Variety.
There’s no immediate word on who will replace the pair.
Bergeron previously hosted ABC’s “America’s Funniest Home Videos” from 2001 to 2015, before departing to focus on “Dancing.” He was replaced by former “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” star Alfonso Ribeiro on that show.
Ribeiro, who also won “Dancing” in Season 19, filled in as host during Season 21 after Bergeron’s father died.
Andrews worked for ABC sister ESPN from 2004 to 2012 and also made appearances on “Good Morning America.”
She was also the victim of a stalking case in 2008 where she was filmed by a hidden camera nude in a hotel room. She eventually was awarded $55 million in the case, with the jury finding Michael David Barrett and the hotel owner and management group responsible.