Trump blasts ‘fake’ report of talking points — then gets photographed with talking points
Donald Trump blasted The Washington Post for reporting Sunday, July 14, 2019, that his advisers prepared “talking points” for him about “The Squad.”
- The next day, Post photographer Jabin Botsford snapped a photo of Trump holding talking points about Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib.
- Closer examination of the photo shows all caps words, underlines in a bold market and what appears to be Trump’s own handwriting on the sheet.
- The first talking point: “This is the greatest country in the world.”
- The talking points were on a single sheet of paper that had been folded in half vertically.
- Botsford’s photos, which were enlarged to show detail, managed to capture both faces of the folded sheet, giving an almost complete view of the contents.
— Jabin Botsford (@jabinbotsford) July 15, 2019