Trump blasts ‘fake’ report of talking points — then gets photographed with talking points
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Donald Trump blasted The Washington Post for reporting Sunday, July 14, 2019, that his advisers prepared “talking points” for him about “The Squad.”
- The next day, Post photographer Jabin Botsford snapped a photo of Trump holding talking points about Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib.
- Closer examination of the photo shows all caps words, underlines in a bold market and what appears to be Trump’s own handwriting on the sheet.
- The first talking point: “This is the greatest country in the world.”
- The talking points were on a single sheet of paper that had been folded in half vertically.
- Botsford’s photos, which were enlarged to show detail, managed to capture both faces of the folded sheet, giving an almost complete view of the contents.
— Jabin Botsford (@jabinbotsford) July 15, 2019