Two NBC News personalities have been evacuated amidst the wildfires in California.
- Natalie Morales, the former “Access Hollywood” co-host, and her family have been evacuated.
- The fires also hit the home of Maria Shriver, who is a contributor to NBC News — and who has been seen filling in for Jenna Bush Hager on “Today with Hoda and Jenna” of late.
- Morales departed “Access” last season and has since been focusing on her duties as “West Coast anchor” for “Today.”
- Shriver was an NBC employee from 1986 to 2003, when she resigned after her then husband, movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger, was elected governor of California.
- At the time, she cited the challenges of being impartial in her news coverage while also being first lady of California as one of the main reasons she asked to be let out of her contract.
- She returned to NBC in a variety of roles after he left office, including the fill in hosting work lately.
- She also had her daughter, Katherine Schwarzenegger, appear on the show recently.