Weather Channel signs on as Quibi’s weather content provider
The Weather Channel will become the exclusive weather content provider for the Quibi mobile streaming platform’s news programming when it launches in April 2020.
- The weather content will be part of Quibi’s “Daily Essentials” offering.
- The show will feature short form national and localized weather and forecasting content produced by The Weather Channel.
- The Weather Channel television network will expand its daily millennial audience and deliver critical information during severe weather conditions.
- Quibi is a millennial focused mobile short form platform from media mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg.
- The service will start at $4.99 a month and feature scripted “Lighthouse” and unscripted “Alternative” shows.