What defense is Megyn Kelly’s legal team brewing for her blackface comments?
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
- Kelly’s comments about “blackface” in Halloween costumes on the Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018 edition of “Megyn Kelly Today” sparked almost instant controversy.
- ABC is reporting that Kelly’s legal team will call out NBC for having a double standard because the example her comments centered around aired on an NBC owned network.
- Kelly was referencing an incident earlier this year when “Real Housewives of New York” star Luann de Lesseps dressed as singer Diana Ross, complete with “blackface” makeup.
- All of the “Real Housewives” franchises air on Bravo, which is operated and owned by NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, which is, in turn is owned by NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast and also the parent company of NBC and NBC News.
- Kelly apologized for her comments on a live show Wednesday,
- Following the controversy, NBC opted to run repeats of her show Thursday and Friday.