Why did Fox single out Ilhan Omar for wishing followers a ‘happy Passover’?
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
After Fox posted a story with a headline “Embattled US Rep. Ilhan Omar tweets ‘happy Passover,'” many were confused as to why the network was singling out Omar.
- Twitter users, including journalist Tony Webster, pointed out that “Sesame Street,” conservative preacher Jerry Falwell, the U.S. Navy and Mike Pence all tweeted well wishes for the holiday.
- Fox was presumably taking issue with Omar’s tweet since she is Muslim and the slate of controversial comment she’s made about religion of late.
- Passover is a holiday observed primarily by the Jewish faith over eight days.
- However, Christian denominations also also observe the holiday, often with Seder Meals, albeit typically not to the extent as Judaism.
- Passover and its plagues are covered in the Christian bible.
Sesame Street, Jerry Falwell, the U.S. Navy, and Mike Pence all tweeted the same thing, but ok cool cool you do you Fox News pic.twitter.com/1iOWMOWV3f
— Tony Webster (@webster) April 20, 2019