A shirt suggesting journalists be lynched was reportedly allowed on a United flight
United Airlines reportedly allowed a man wearing a T-shirt suggesting that journalists should be lynched fly aboard one of its planes.
- The incident happened Oct. 11, 2019 on a flight from Los Angeles to Boston.
- Two passengers reportedly complained to the flight crew about the shirt.
- The shirt in question had “Rope. Tree. Journalist. Some Assembly Required.” on the back.
- One of those passengers was asked to disembark to discuss the issue with a United operations supervisor.
- The supervisor reportedly said that the airline couldn’t do anything about the shirt and offered to rebook the complaining passenger on different flight.
- United did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Read full story »
— Jessica Sidman (@jsidman) October 11, 2019