ABC meteorologist, co-host appear in cross promotion for Galaxy phone
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
ABC News allowed “Good Morning America” meteorologist and “Strahan & Sara” co-host Sara Haines to participate in a painfully staged, thinly veiled cross promotion for the Samsung Galaxy 10S+ smart phone.
- The spot shows Haines getting her photo taken by Zee, including having Zee switch to “wide angle” mode to capture Haines and the set.
- Haines also claims her phone is running low on battery — and asks Zee to help her out, giving them a chance to show off the “PowerShare” feature that lets one phone charge another.
- It’s not uncommon for meteorologists and lifestyle hosts, despite being employed by the news division, appear in these types of cross promotional spots.
- The spot is also labeled as being sponsored by Samsung and was taped in the upstairs area of the two-story studio complex “GMA” and “Strahan & Sara” share.
- It’s worth noting, however, that at the top of each episode of “Strahan & Sara,” the pair introduce the show using what appears to be an iPhone on a self-stick — complete with the Apple camera GUI visible.