ABC will recreate ‘All in the Family’ and ‘Good Times’ episodes for holiday special
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- The special will feature a holiday episode from “All in the Family” along with a yet to be announced episode of “Good Times.”
- Like the first installment, two episodes of classic TV shows are being performed live for the eastern and central time zones — complete with flubbed lines and cast members getting the giggles.
- It’s set to air Dec. 18, 2019.
- Other time zones will see a taped version of the live performance, with any blemishes remaining.
- A promo for the special aired during “The Little Mermaid Live!” Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019.
- It’s also not immediately clear if which, if any, of the star studded cast used for the first installment of the special will return for this episode.
- In August, ABC announced it had ordered two more episodes of the special — with the other one scheduled for the spring of 2020.
- Kerry Washington, who appeared in the “The Jeffersons” portion of the first special, has been brought on as executive producer alongside Jimmy Kimmel and Norman Lear. Brent Miller, Will Ferrell and Justin Theroux and also returning as EPs.
- “Good Times” is a spinoff of “Maude,” which itself was a spinoff of “All in the Family.”