ABC’s debate coverage beats CNN’s, but not NBC’s
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- When combining the ABC and Univision simulcast, the network estimates 14 million people watched the one night event.
- That bested CNN’s 10.7 million on the second night of the second debate a figure that includes the network’s international and Spanish language simulcasts.
- ABC also surpassed CNN’s 8.7 million first night viewership.
- However, it wasn’t enough to topple NBC and Telemundo’s combined 18.1 million for the second night of the first debate.
- NBC still garnered more viewers on the first night of its debate — 15.3 million — than ABC did, however.
- ABC’s debate was only a single night due to the number of candidates qualifying.