Are Natalie Morales and Kit Hoover’s time on ‘Access’ coming to an end?
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
- Reports that NBC is planning to overhaul the show with Mario Lopez at the helm have reportedly left Morales “furious.”
- Morales, who also carries the title of “West Coast anchor” for “Today,” moved to the West Coast to host the show in 2016.
- “Access” was originally known as “Access Hollywood” but dropped the “Hollywood” reference in 2017.
- However, the show has reportedly not fared well in the ratings following the departure of Billy Bush in 2016.
- Bush was briefly part of the “Today” team based in New York City, but was ousted after the infamous “grab them by the pussy” tape surfaced.
- The recording was meant to be a private conversation but was recorded because Bush and Trump were mic’d for an interview.
- Many felt Bush’s response (or lack of response) to Trump’s statements were offensive, which lead to NBC removing him from “Today” before eventually firing him.
- Other reports, meanwhile, indicate that Bush may be negotiating a return to television — as host of “Access” competitor “Extra,” which is the show Lopez currently hosts.
- If the reports prove true, it would mean that Bush and Lopez would both be appearing on a former competitors’ programming.
- “Access” is produced by NBC Studios and KNBC and distributed by NBCUniversal Television Distribution.