Are Natalie Morales and Kit Hoover’s time on ‘Access’ coming to an end?
“Access” hosts Natalie Morales and Kit Hoover are reportedly in danger of being ousted from the syndicated entertainment newsmagazine.
- Reports that NBC is planning to overhaul the show with Mario Lopez at the helm have reportedly left Morales “furious.”
- Morales, who also carries the title of “West Coast anchor” for “Today,” moved to the West Coast to host the show in 2016.
- “Access” was originally known as “Access Hollywood” but dropped the “Hollywood” reference in 2017.
- However, the show has reportedly not fared well in the ratings following the departure of Billy Bush in 2016.
- Bush was briefly part of the “Today” team based in New York City, but was ousted after the infamous “grab them by the pussy” tape surfaced.
- The recording was meant to be a private conversation but was recorded because Bush and Trump were mic’d for an interview.
- Many felt Bush’s response (or lack of response) to Trump’s statements were offensive, which lead to NBC removing him from “Today” before eventually firing him.
- Other reports, meanwhile, indicate that Bush may be negotiating a return to television — as host of “Access” competitor “Extra,” which is the show Lopez currently hosts.
- If the reports prove true, it would mean that Bush and Lopez would both be appearing on a former competitors’ programming.
- “Access” is produced by NBC Studios and KNBC and distributed by NBCUniversal Television Distribution.