CNN is prepping for a new original series, “American Style.”
- The series is being promoted within CNN programming, mainly by airing interviews with style icons such as Isaac Mizrahi as part of its rolling news coverage.
- “American Style” joins a rotating slate of documentary-style programming that airs in the 9 and 10 p.m. block, as well as overnight in repeats, on Sunday evening.
- The series is being promoted with a stylized photo of a woman wearing a red and white sun hat with star shaped sunglasses and a blue top.
- The series’ logotype is a classic serif typeface — but notably is not the same clunkier font used on the similarly named “CNN Style” website.
- The first episode of “American Style” airs Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019 at 9 a.m. eastern.
- As of Friday, CNN’s website schedule lists the show, but has “unknown” as the description and oddly, is featuring an image promoting former United States Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price’s confirmation hearing in next to the proceeding block of “CNN Newsroom” programming.