Following Dale Hansen’s speech at the RTDNF awards dinner, CNN president Jeff Zucker praised the speech and jokingly even suggested he could take over “The Situation Room.”
- “The Situation Room” currently is anchored by longtime CNN personality Wolf Blitzer.
- Blitzer’s show runs from 5 to 7 p.m. eastern from Washington.
- Blitzer also anchored “Wolf” from 1 to 2 p.m. on CNN until Brianna Keilar took over the timeslot with “CNN Right Now.”
- “The Situation Room” originally ran for three hours from 3 to 6 p.m.
- However, the show shifted to 4 to 6 p.m. and a separate block from 7 to 8 in November 2005.
- It was then moved to its 5 to 7 p.m. timeslot, with Blitzer’s “Wolf” show airing earlier int he day.
- The show is known for pioneering the use of on-set video walls that show both real and simulated video feeds, maps and other graphics behind the anchors and in-studio guests.