Colbert to produce animated news satire show for CBS All Access streamer
CBS All Access will add an animated daily news satire program from Stephen Colbert.
- The streaming service will provide “Tooning Out the News,” an animated variety series that will combine animated “anchors” and “guests” mocking the day’s news while also bringing in real world guests.
- The show will consist of 5 to 7 minute daily clips that will be compiled into a weekly episode.
- Colbert is set to executive produce the series alongside his “Late Show” EP Chris Licht with R.J. Fried and Tim Luecke.
- The group also produces Colbert’s animated Showtime series, “Our Cartoon President.”
- Colbert has deep roots in the satirical news business — he was a correspondent on “The Daily Show” and went on to host “The Colbert Report” on Comedy Central.