Courteney Cox revisits Monica’s ‘Friends’ ‘apartment’
By MixDex Article may include affiliate links
Courteney Cox, who starred as Monica Geller on the hit NBC sitcom “Friends” for 10 seasons, swung by the New York City build that was used as the exterior “establishing shots” for her character’s apartment.
- The building was, like on many sitcoms, only used to exterior shots. “Friends” was filmed on a soundstage in Los Angeles.
- Cox post a video clip of her visit on Instagram.
- Cox captioned the photo “The One Where My Rent Went Up $12,000,” paying homage to the show’s practice of titling episodes starting with variations of “The One Where…”
- Cox’s Instagram post was also a reference to the common disconnect between TV show characters’ income and the housing they are able to afford.
- “Friends” did attempt to explain this discrepancy, however, by incorporating a plot point that Monica was living in a rent controlled apartment under the name of her aunt.