Fake Donald Trump shoots members of media in doctored video shown at event
A doctored video showing a fake Donald Trump entering a church and then shooting or physically attacking figures representing media organizations media and political rivals was shown at a pro-Trump conference, reports The New York Times.
- The video was shown at an American Priority event at Trump-owned Trump National Doral in Miami.
- American Priority confirmed the video was included as part of a “meme exhibit” at the event, but say it does not support the content of the video, which it says was submitted by an outsider.
- The video uses a scene from a 2014 film “Kingsman: The Secret Service” showing a man, with cutouts of Trump’s head placed over it, entering what the video calls “Church of Fake News.”
- The clip continues to show people, with the logos of media organizations including CNN, CNBC, CBS, Politico, PBS, NPR, HuffPost and The Washington Post, superimposed over their heads getting shot by Trump’s figure.
- There are also fake versions of former FBI director James Comey, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, Rep. Maxine Waters and the late Sen. John McCain, all of whom are attacked.
- In addition, Trump’s figure sets a representation of Sen. Bernie Sanders on fire with a blowtorch.
- While Trump Sr. was not at the event, former White House press secretary Sarah Sanders and Donald Trump Jr. spoke.
Read full story »
In the video “Mr. Trump stops in the middle of the church, pulls a gun out of his suit jacket pocket and begins a graphic rampage. As the parishioners try to flee, the president fires at them. He shoots Black Lives Matter in the head…” @nytmike https://t.co/r6g789xkuR
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) October 14, 2019