Jeff Rossen tries to ‘break in’ to dorm room to demonstrate safety devices
By Matt Collins Article may include affiliate links
Some people find “Dateline” correspondent Keith Morrison’s voice to be a bit creepy — but what about having one of his NBC News colleagues “break in” to your dorm room?
- NBC News’ investigative correspondent Jeff Rossen pretended to be an intruder in order to prove a point about college dorm safety.
- In a segment on the Sept. 13, 2018 edition of “Today,” Rossen had a student install two security devices on her dorm room window and door.
- He then tried to “break in” to the room to illustrate how the safety devices work.
- “So, I’m going to play the intruder, here. This isn’t creepy at all,” joked Rossen as he climbed through the bushes outside of dorm room window.
- He then tried to open the dorm room door from the outside.
- The result, both times, was that would-be “intruder” Rossen set off high pitched alarms.