After a book excerpt accusing Donald Trump of making inappropriate comments to her, a former Fox star has disappeared from her current Los Angeles anchor job.
- Courtney Friel is getting ready to release “Tonight at 10: Kicking Booze and Breaking News” and an excerpt was published in The New York Daily News recently.
- In that passage, Friel writes that Trump once called her, when she was working for Fox’s right leaning cable network and said she was “the hottest one at (Fox)” followed by “You should come up to my office sometime, so we can kiss.”
- After the excerpt was released, Friel disappeared from the anchor desk as Los Angeles’ KTLA.
- Friel was reportedly scheduled to start a working vacation from the anchor desk for a book tour Monday, Jan. 6, 2020, reports The Daily Beast, but apparently that absence started earlier.
- Paparazzo caught up with Friel at a Whole Foods Monday, where she deflected questions as to why she wasn’t anchoring.
- She was also questioned if she had been fired by KTLA, and responded with “I hope not. I love my job.”
- Frield and KTLA did not respond to The Daily Beast’s requests for comment.
- Her publicist Steve Honig issued a statement reading: “Courtney’s book tour started when she flew to NY this past Monday and she is due back on Jan. 18.” Honig referred further questions back to KTLA and did not response to a request for comment on why her “vacation” started early.